Thursday 1 August 2013

Donut Muffins

| | 0 comments
Posted by Kejia:

Donut muffins? Donut. Muffins. Can the two be put together? I absolutely LOVE donuts and am always searching for a way to make donuts without the troubles that yeast bring(e.g. waiting for the dough to rise). I chanced upon this recipe on allrecipes.com and it was just screaming in my face. I knew I had to make these donut muffins! 

They're supposed to resemble donut holes, and there is a very special ingredient that makes these taste so wonderful. Ground nutmeg! The nutmeg gave them a slightly nutty yet buttery flavour...making these SO addictive. However, I didn't think that they taste exactly like donut holes(like the recipe said it would), but these are really good muffins. Spiced with nutmeg, dipped in melted butter, then coated with cinnamon sugar, they make delicious, moist muffins. One thing I simply love about this recipe is that it is so so easy! It took me only about 15 minutes to finish making the batter. I didn't even use my electric whisk - a good old wooden spoon would do. They are bite-sized and I love them!!! Also, you can replace cinnamon sugar with the old-fashioned vanilla glaze(or really, any topping you'd like).


Recipe adapted from Allrecipes
Donut Muffins
Ingredients:
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup(56g) butter, melted
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup plain flour
-
Extra melted butter
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 190ºC/375ºF. Grease a mini muffin pan.
2. Mix the sugar, butter and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in the milk, then mix in the baking powder and flour until just combined. Fill the prepared muffin cups until about half full.



3. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

So cute while rising!!! 

4. While the muffins are baking, set aside the extra melted butter in a bowl. Mix together the sugar and ground cinnamon. When muffins are cooled, dip in the melted butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar.

(Not burnt! It doesn't actually look that dark!)
Look at that moist crumb... Yum!!!
I believe this is a good recipe for parties because it is really too simple and can be made easily in big quantities! Though they don't really taste like donuts, this is still one damn good muffin recipe, great for beginners. Baking pros, try this out too and let me know of any great adaptations you can make from this recipe :-) 

Love,
Kejia


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Share This Page
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance