Tuesday 13 August 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

| | 0 comments
Posted by Kejia:

Hey guys! University has just started for the three of us and we're so so busy. Fortunately, we're still able to find time for this very hobby of ours. :-) Today I made the best vanilla cupcakes, and topped them off with chocolate chip cookie dough frosting. I was slightly skeptical when I chanced upon the frosting recipe on Sally's Baking Addiction, because I have never heard of ccc dough frosting before. I've always thought that people just spread some real cookie dough onto their cupcakes. Anyhoo, this frosting is good. Like really good. It's eggless, so it's safe to consume. It's light, fluffy and filled with that all familiar cookie dough flavour(everyone eats cookie dough before baking their cookies. Come on, admit it!). Basically, it's a chocolate chip cookie dough buttercream frosting(I think). Definitely worth a try and did I mention that it's so easy?



Chocolate chip cookie dough frosting

Ingredients:
3/4 cup(170g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup + 1 tablespoon(215g) light/dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 and 1/4 cups(160g) plain flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons(95ml) milk
1 and 1/2 cups(270g) mini chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Cream together the butter and brown sugar at medium speed. 



2. Add the vanilla and beat well.
3. Stir in the flour and salt until doughy.
4. Beat in the milk until fluffy.



5. Fold in chocolate chips. Frost cooled cupcakes.



These cupcakes are really heavenly. The cookie dough flavour complements the vanilla so so well that I can't stop eating more. Help!!! I've got extra frosting and I really hope I don't end up eating the whole lot...

Love,
Kejia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Share This Page
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance