Wednesday 3 July 2013

Chocnilla marbled cake with chocolate chips

| | 0 comments
Posted by Kejia:

I haven't baked in such a long time! I just had my vacation in Korea and it was mighty fun :-) Anyhoo, during the trip I was bursting with excitement to bake these little bundt cakes. This is my very first, self-inspired recipe!!!!! The original cake recipe was from Tartlet Sweets, and it can also be found on our blog here. However, I decided to recreate that cake and make it a marbled cake, simply by mixing half of the batter with cocoa powder. And if that's not enough, I went ahead and added chocolate chips. I really wanted to experiment with this simple recipe. 

I have to say, these cakes are wonderfully delicious. If you haven't already read my Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake post, please do so now! I've raved about the cake there. This recipe, after incoporating the chocolate flavours, is really, really awesome. The fluffy yet moist texture of the cake is still present, but there are hints of chocolate that really work well with the strong vanilla flavour. I am in love with these cakes. Excuse me while I eat another one!


I made mini bundt cakes because I wanted to distribute these cakes out, but you can also use a normal 8" - 10" round cake pan or a bundt pan. 

Ingredients:
113(1/2 cup) butter, at room temperature
200g (1 cup) granulated sugar
3 eggs
125ml(1/2 cup) whole milk
1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
188g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 tbsp cocoa powder

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 176ºC/350ºF. Grease and flour and regular bundt/cake pan.


2. Beat butter and sugar together until smooth and light. Mix in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Add in the milk, vanilla, flour, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips, and mix about a minute until super smooth. 


4. Split the cake batter into half, and leave one half alone(vanilla flavoured). For the other half, add the 1 tbsp cocoa powder and mix well till smooth(chocolate flavoured).


5. Pour half the vanilla cake batter into the cake pan at different locations. Then, pour half the chocolate cake batter over it. Continue pouring the different cake batters at different locations in the cake pan, then use a skewer and swirl around 2-3 times. Rap pan against a counter couple of times to get rid of air bubbles.


6. Bake for about 30-35 minutes until tester comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then slide out of pan to cool completely. 

This was so fun to make! I think I will try making a Neapolitan colour next time(pink, brown and normal(?)). In the meantime, I'm so glad that I'm finally able to draw inspiration from different recipes and put them all together and creating one "new" recipe(Okay, I'm sure there are others who have probably made this before but I used the delicious vanilla bean bundt cake recipe to make it!). Continue to experiment, and do not be afraid of failures!

Love,
Kejia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

 

Share This Page
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance